Emergency Dental Care
Emergency dental care is used to respond to emergency situations that arise with your oral health. Accidents can happen; you might injure your mouth and teeth in some way. Our office recognizes the importance of emergency dental care and we will always do our best to respond to your problem promptly and quickly.
What is Emergency Dental Care?
Emergency dental care is dental treatment that is conducted on a patient suffering from a sudden and debilitative condition. Emergency dental care is used to treat patients who’re suddenly in pain from an affliction to their mouth or teeth. Emergency dental care is typically used in response to injuries. Prior to an emergency dental care situation, patients should do the following:
- Ensure you have a way to contact us immediately should you need emergency dental care.
- Ensure you have a back-up contact at an emergency dental office available in case the dentist is unable to assist you with the emergency.
- Ensure you have the route to your dentist or your back-up planned out in advance.
When is Emergency Dental Care Necessary?
Emergency dental care is necessary whenever you’re suffering from a condition to your face or mouth that renders you unable to function. A dental emergency can be life threatening if there is severe bleeding or severe swelling involved. If you suspect your dental emergency to be life threatening, you should go to a hospital emergency room or call 911.
One of the common emergency dental situations patients suffer from is when a tooth gets unexpectedly knocked out. In that situation, a patient should do the following:
- Attempt to replant the tooth immediately into the spot where it was knocked out.
- If that fails, place the tooth in cold whole milk in order to prevent the tooth from dying out. Do not place the tooth in water.
- Take the tooth to the dentist immediately. The best chance of survival for the tooth is to receive treatment for it within the first 30 minutes.
What Does Emergency Dental Care Entail?
The procedures and treatment involved with emergency dental care differ based on the type of injury a patient has sustained. Emergency dental care can involve root canal therapy, tooth extraction, dental implants, cavity fillings, or oral surgery. Ideally, we seek to repair or replace the issue the patient is having. This includes taking care of tooth fractures and fillings or removing decay and treating an infection. Our dentists and dental staff will try to immediately accommodate you in the event of an emergency.
Make an Appointment
If you require emergency dental care, please contact our office immediately. If the problem occurs while our offices are closed, Please call our emergency hotline to talk to the doctor directly. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you believe that you’re in need of emergency dental care.We will take care of any emergency immediately.